Wednesday, November 11, 2009

The longest post ever!

So, I haven't written forever. The last anyone knows from this blog is that my world is over and Brian doesn't have a job. In August, I was able to get a job and about 1 week after I started, Brian got his job back. Great timing, huh? And I promised my work that I would stay at least 6 months, so I'm stuck. Anyway, it just so happened that my sister and her family are staying with us until they find a house. They haven't had any luck, so everything is just falling into place and she is watching the kids while I'm at work. Brian's working on a project in Fillmore, so every week he is in Fillmore from Monday through Thursday. It really stinks, but I'm just glad my sister and family are with me so I don't feel so alone. They are such a support right now. Family is great!

Ok, so I don’t know what's come over me, but I read an article yesterday that I just can't get out of my head. (http://www.deseretnews.com/article/705343400/Utah-group-finds-homes-for-orphans.html) It's about two orphan brothers that came to the U.S. to get adopted, but didn't succeed in finding a family and were sent back to Ukraine. The people involved said that the kids were never told that they would be adopted, so there's no harm done. It was advertised as just a really neat trip to America, but knowing that 25 of the 31 kids that came will be adopted, there's no way the 25 kids aren't going to talk about it to the 6 kids that didn't find a home.

Working at the newspaper, I hear terrible things every day and I usually shed a few tears and then force myself not to think about it anymore. I tried that with this article and for some reason it's an impossible task. I was asking Brian what he thought it meant. Are we supposed to adopt these kids? We decided that no, that wasn't right for us right now. It doesn't make any sense. Not only because of the insane amount of money but because I am expecting. Surprise! (Sad that you have to read through my boring post before you get the good gossip, huh?).

So, what am I supposed to do? Why is the story of these boys eating away at me constantly bringing me to tears every other minute? I know, you are thinking it's pregnancy hormones, but, like I said, I always cry at sad news, but then I let it go. The very best thing I can think to do is to get the word out to as many people as possible that these boys need a home. Maybe someone I reach will be able to adopt these boys. Please help. Spread the word! Thanks.

4 comments:

  1. Funny, I was thinking about you this afternoon. I'm so glad to hear that you're expecting!! And glad to hear that things in life aren't so dark. I will keep these boys in my thoughts and prayers! Congrats again!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations!!! I was just wondering the other day, while looking at those beautiful children of yours, if you guys were planning on having any more kids! I'm so excited for you ALL.
    Have you spoken to the Wrigleys about these boys? just a thought!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is exciting! I am thrilled to know you are having another! When are you due and do you know what it will be? I have heard a lot about stories like that, but never this close to home. Our prayers are with those boys!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for all the congrats...and for reading my blog, even though it's been months! In answer to Wendy's question, I am due in May and we will find out what we are having around Christmas. Perfect timing, isn't it?

    ReplyDelete