Tuesday, November 24, 2009

Parent/teacher Conferences

I am so proud of myself for writing on here more often! I'll try to keep it up.

I have to meet with Dallin's kindergarten teacher tonight for parent-teacher conferences. I'm a little nervous because she has blocked out a whole 30 minutes to meet with me and Dallin. I know he has had some troubles at school, mostly with paying attention and not playing nice. He's a brilliant child, so I'm not worried in the least about his "report card." We will probably talk the whole time about how I'm a bad mother and what I need to do better. I know I'm being harsh on myself, but from a teacher's perspective, when a child doesn't behave well, they tend to believe it's a problem with parenting. I'm gearing myself up to cry the entire time and insist that I AM a good mother and I AM trying my very best. It's making it harder and harder to keep working because I feel like if I were there for him during the day, he would be doing better. My sister is amazing with the kids, but she's not me and therein lies the problem: they need their mom.

But it's not too much longer. At the very most, I will work until March. If I have my way, I will work until January. Someday we will look back on all this as a distant memory. Now, if we could just get through Brian working out of town until August…. good times.

1 comment:

  1. I hope the conference went better than expected. And based on what I see in Sacrament meeting, you're doing a heck of a lot better than me. Your kids hold still and be quiet. We've yet to master that one.

    ReplyDelete