Monday, February 14, 2011

Priorities

Brian and I have been reflecting on how crazy our life has gotten over the past few months. He was called as the Ward Mission Leader and has been quite involved in meetings and other commitments with that. I was just called to be in the Relief Society Presidency (2nd couns.). I am also costuming a community production of Oklahoma and doing some transcription work on the computer. I, of course, am also a taxi service, taking Dallin and Alyssa back and forth to school. We were commenting that we aren't really going to see each other much anymore. On Saturday, we went to the Worldwide Leadership Training, and it was emphasized over and over that family comes first. A calling should never take the place of family. Other commitments shouldn't either. But how do we find the balance?

We are both pretty new in our callings still, but I'm sure as we figure them out, the balance will come. I'm trying to have faith that it will all work out and that I can be a good mom first, but also a good presidency member, a good costumer, and a good worker. As for a good housekeeper? I'm not so sure. That one might have to slide.

No comments:

Post a Comment