Thursday, March 26, 2009

Kids are wonderful!

For those of you that think my blog is only used for complaining, I decided to write about my wonderful kids and the funny things they do every day that make me smile.

Two days ago, Alyssa was acting grumpy and wanted to sit with me while I was sewing. It's really hard for me to hold her while I'm sewing, so I set her on the chair next to me and she fell asleep!



I was reading a book with Dallin yesterday and he saw a picture of a cockroach and he said, "Eww, a coachrock!"


I was looking Alyssa in the eye and said "You are so beautiful." Her response..."Mommy, your eyes are green, just like an alien!"

Anytime Dallin plays a game or we get something that has instructions, he says "We need to look at the "constructions."

When Alyssa says the prayer, she says "thank you for the food" but she doesn't bless it, so we whisper "bless the food" and she says loudly "I already did!"

Last time we went to the zoo, Dallin kept asking us where the "miracle ground" was. I couldn't figure out what he was talking about until he said, "I want to ride the panda on the miracle ground." Merry-go-round...go figure.


When I whisper "I love you" in Alyssa's ear, she always says something unrelated back in my ear, like "I'm hungry" or "Let's go to Nana's house."

Dallin really wanted to jump on the tramp last week, but it was snowing, so we got all our snow gear on and took him out to jump. He had a blast!










Alyssa sometimes has a fit if she has to be buckled in the car. I told her once that the police would take me to jail if she didn't get buckled. She started crying and said "But mommy, you're my best friend." It made my heart melt.

Dallin likes to make up jokes that don't make any sense. They usually go something like "why did the shark cross the bridge...so he could fall in the water!" Like I said, they don't make sense, but they make me smile all the same.

The other day, the kids wanted to ride their bikes. I put a helmet on Dallin and then tried to get one on Alyssa. She got a shocked look on her face, put her hands up to the sides of her head and said, "But mom, it will mess up my hair!" What a girl!

I love my kids. They cheer me up when I'm blue, they make me laugh, they keep me young.

(See, I can be positive!)

5 comments:

  1. Your kids are seriously adorable. I love the stories - especially the "miracle ground" & alien eyes. Hilarious! What did we ever do to entertain ourselves before we had kids?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Seriously! Now I go to a social and I am bored if I don't have my kids! Cheryl, they are BEAUTIFUL!!!! And so precious! I wish we lived closer. This is the plan though, we are coming into town around Memorial Day. We all need to get together!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That would be awesome! It's been way too long!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Just checking in, how are you? Send me an email sometime!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I hope you don't mind me stalking your blog Cheryl.
    That picture of Alyssa asleep on the chair is priceless. How kids manage to fall asleep in those crazy positions is beyond me! Too cute.

    ReplyDelete