Sunday, March 1, 2009

American Idol Song

I have been working very hard on composing a song for the American Idol finale (I know you are laughing at me... that's ok). For those of you who don't know, they have a contest every year for songwriters to write the song that the new winner sings on the last show. Let's just say.... I am SO out of my league here! Last year, I listened to the songs and every one of them was recorded in a studio with a band and everything. They say that you can just record a rough copy, yet every year, the only finalists they pick are all professional. I feel like I have a decent song, but no way to get it sounding like they want it to sound. Brian's co-worker was kind enough to let me borrow his super-expensive microphone (the one I have been using was only $30 at RadioShack), so that's helping, but the house needs to be absolutely silent. When does that every happen with 2 kids? I'm just frustrated, but just my luck, they probably won't even have the competition this year and it's all for nothing. The cup is half empty today. Just kidding... I really have never tried to write a real song with lyrics and everything, so it's been a fun experience.

3 comments:

  1. When you're ready to record, send the kids my way! I've always thought about doing that competition, but I'm just not ambitious enough (and I write super cheesy lyrics!) But I'll totally support your efforts, so just send the kids over to play when you're ready for that silence.

    ReplyDelete
  2. so, you aren't even going to post the song on here? You big tease!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I can't post it yet, it's not ready... but Andrea, I will totally take you up on your offer!

    ReplyDelete